28 June 2011

My ability to speak Chinese...

Today I had my first Chinese class, or Mandarin, if I should be more correct :)

First of all i decided to go to school by metro, just to get to know the city better. This trip proved me again how huge this city is. On the map it didn't seem to be dangerous, but I needed 50 min to go from door to door... And it was only three subway stops... :) Anyhow, it went almost perfect, beside one moment... I used the map to find the school and I was on a good way until I started thinking about how hungry I was and at this moment I lost focus... This resulted in taking a wrong street... I had to call school to get some help and after 10 minutes I was there.

I rang the door and a little Chinese girl opened it with a wide smile on her face. This little girl turned out to be my teacher, a grown up women :)

Next moment shows how misleading perception can be... After first talk she says that I look Chinese...!!! And when she opened the door she was surprised that a Chinese girl (me) comes to learn the language... :)

I do not have to mention, that first half an hour was completely shocking for me as my teacher was speaking a lot Chinese and expected me to repeat whole sentences...

But now I can proudly say that I can count to ten and write every figure in Chinese and pinyin J

, , , , , , , , ,

1 comment:

adadi said...

hmmm ale jak to zrobiłaś, klamerek użyłaś żeby mieć skośne oczy?;)