14 July 2011

From Manhattan to Wisteria Lane

No sky scrapers, no heavy traffic, no business men and women running to their meetings any more… no great view from the window, no TV tower blinking to me every evening, no Chanel or Gucci boutiques…








Instead, a quiet compound (from the traffic), filled with sound of billion of cicadas…

After a month in the temporary apartment in a city center, we have finally moved to the house that we are supposed to live in for the rest of our time here in Shanghai.

I feel like I had exchanged Sex and the City to Desperate Housewives… But the desperate housewives seem to be missing… Right now most of the houses are empty… All families left for holiday to their home countries.

Do you know the feeling when you drive a car and you are the only one driving your direction while on the other side there’s a plenty of cars…? You start wondering if you’re the last one to know about a complete disaster while everybody else run away from it…

This is how it felt to come here. There was nobody, except people working on the gate J

More and more people are appearing and the streets start to become more lively.

I am sure that I (we) will enjoy living here. I haven’t tested yet how complicated it is to get to the city center, but in worse case scenario I can always take a taxi J

1 comment:

Rebecka said...

I can relate to the "desperate housewives"-feeling... hope there will soon be some others for you to hang out with!