08 July 2011

Why did I do it to myself?


When you come to a new city with a 4,5 years old son, and
the kid does not have same routines as at home, you need to find many ways to entertain him and make it interesting. So, I looked for most popular attractions in Shanghai... One of them turned out to be an exhibition of wild-life insects...

You can do a lot for your kids out of love :) So, we went there with my mom, Marcel and Vincent...

First surreal thing was a big group of Chinese kids that came directly after us. Kids were divided in few groups, each one with two-three adults with headphones and microphones.
They were talking (shouting) to kids, desperately trying to keep them in some kind of order. They were so loud that Marcel started crying. We waited for them to pass...

When we could focus on exhibition, we realized that the name is quite misleading as there was a seal, small monkeys, alligators, turtles and other animals definitely not being insects... But OK...

I do not like insects, how I don't like them...! But since we came there and Vincent was asking 60 questions per minute I had no other choice but look very carefully at every single bug.

I was just looking at a shining green bugs trying to find an answer to one of Vincent's questions when my mom came closer to me with Marcel and he gently touched my arm. I jumped up like all these green bugs just escaped their 'cage' and landed on my arm... This is how much I don't like them...

Even if I do not like insects, I am still a curious person and like to get to know the unknown
:) But having a closer look, not always is a good idea... Because then you can see what you maybe wouldn't like to see. In general, I must sadly say that the conditions the animals are living there are not the best ones you
would wish for living creatures... It was not a pretty picture... I will save you the details, but I am very concerned before out visit at the zoo here...


On the pictures few examples of what animals you could see there (except the one with Ch
inese kids) :) ...
I am also saving you the most ugly ones...

No comments: